John David Young, B.A., M.P.A., M.D. – Resume
7241 Bryan Dairy Road, Largo FL 33777
Office Phone: (727) 545-4600
Office Fax: (727) 545-4611
Licensure and Certification
• Florida Medical License No. ME0067443
• Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) NP! 1134140775
• Tax ID 202110750
Medical Director, Foundational Health Center Jan. 2005 — Present
• Director for health care setting with professional support staff to provide family care, chronic wound care, care for peripheral neuropathy and diabetes education.
Medical Director May 2000 — Dec. 2005
• Director for Stratus Pharmaceuticals, a US based company, specializing in dermatological and wound care products.
• Providing medical expertise and lectures on wound care and Stratus products.
Emergency Room Physician May 1992 — Dec. 2004
• 10,000 plus hours as ER physician in civilian and military hospitals throughout the U.S.
• Working in medically and trauma-centered ER’s averaging 10-40,000 visits per year.
Assistant Professor, Clinical Medicine Dec. 1992 — Dec. 2004
Marshall University School of Medicine, Division of the University of West Virginia
• Working with the University within the US and abroad, teaching, researching, and practicing clinical medicine.
• Consultant to representatives of the South African government in helping to develop an international medical program between American and South African universities.
• Developed an international program for teenagers on sexually transmitted disease and the myth of safe sex, which has been presented to students and parents in Arizona, California, Florida, Ohio, West Virginia and South Africa.
• Sex Education Advisor to Gauteng, Mpumainga, Orange Free State and Western Cape schools in South Africa
• Lectured to approximately 250,000 students, parents and teachers in South Africa.
Medical Director 2000 — 2001
• Medical director for the international Abstinence Association, an organization that trains and certifies teachers and professionals to teach abstinence-based sex education. Executive Film Producer 1995
• Executive producer and featured speaker of “This Ain’t No Dress Rehearsal”, a video documentary for teenagers and young adults on the myth of safe sex and the physical and psychological effects of sexually transmitted diseases.
Assistant Professor, Clinical Medicine Sept. 1991 — July 1992
University of West Virginia School of Medicine
• Instructed resident physicians and medical students in the practice of clinic medicine in rural West Virginia
• Supervised and demonstrated medical and diagnostic procedures to medical students and interns.
• Involved in the establishment and administration of rural health clinics. • Provided primary health care to the rural central West Virginia population.
Cruise Ship Physician July 1991-Aug. 1991
• Ship’s surgeon for Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines.
• Ship’s Chief Medical Officer in charge of the health care of 1,700 passengers and 900 crew.
Resident Physician, Marshall University School of Medicine 1988 — 1991
• Practiced at Cabell Huntington Hospital, St. Mary’s Hospital and the Veterans Administration Hospital in Huntington, West Virginia.
• Served an urban and rural population with the emphasis on pediatrics, obstetrics/gynecology and internal medicine.
Physician, Republic of South Africa 1990
• Worked in a 550-bed mission hospital in rural South Africa, servicing a population of 350,000.
• Served as an emergency physician and ran the pediatric burn unit.
• Worked with a multi-national corporation in the study and development of a new concept and treatment modality for burns.
United Nations Physician, Thailand and Kampuchea March-May, 1986
• Chosen by the Christian and Missionary Alliance to work, under the supervision of the United Nations, with an international team of doctors and nurses in refuge hospitals along the Thailand-Kampuchea border.
• Treated military and civilian casualties as doctor in the MASH hospital.
• Created a teaching program for Khmer medics on diagnostics and treatment of medical and surgical problems. This program had 25 staff responsible for the medical care of 70-100 villages, which previously had no medical facilities in Cambodia.
Medical Research & Development
International Autism Conference-AutismOne 2019
The use of Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cells for Autism and brain disorders
Cal Chiro Convention 2018
The use of Umbilical Cord Blood Stem Cells for Joint Injuries
Wound and Burn Research 1994-Present
• Conducting private research on the efficacy of an all-natural solution used for the treatment of chronic wounds and burns., this solution is being developed for the Third World because of its low cost, ease of use, and ability to decrease the scarring caused by third degree burns.
International Burns Research Project 1995
South African Medical Schools and the University of Tennessee
• Principle researcher for a multi-national group, that in conjunction with the University of Tennessee’s department of maxillo-facial dentistry, studied the use of low intensity lasers on Burns, pain control for burns, and the increased speed in the healing of burns.
Volunteer Medical Coordinator
• Personally responsible for the creation of a program, still in operation today, which sends medical students into local villages to provide basic health care.
• Worked closely with pharmaceutical companies to organize the distribution of free medications to the indigent.
Public Administration Intern 1975-1976
• Interned under the county administrator, meeting daily with governmental departments to develop Pinellas County’s first programmatic budget.
• Successfully developed and balanced a $91 million Capital improvements Budget for the county.
• Worked with the Florida State legislature in providing budget reports for Pinellas County.
Resident, Family Practice 1989-1991
Marshall University, School of Medicine, a division of the University of West Virginia state medical System
• Completed residency in Family Practices Resident, Internal Medicine 1988-1989
• Marshall University School of Medicine Medical Doctor 1984-1986
• Grace University, School of Medicine, St. Klus/Nevis, British West Indies Master of Public Administration 1976-1978 University of Missouri, Kansas City, MO Bachelor of Arts: Political Science 1972-1974 University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
• Medical Advisor to Pinellas County Pregnancy Center
• Medical Advisor to SCS (a Florida-based sex education program).
• Medical Advisor Free Team (an international sex education program).
• Physician for Excellence in Health Care
• Christian Medical Foundation
• Phi Ro Pi — National Honor Society for Public Speakers
Volunteer & Community Work
Volunteer Young Life Leader
• Associated with Young Life, an international organization working with teenagers in presenting the claims of Christ. Assisted in the funding of the Fairfield, Ohio, Young Life Club.
• Developed a local board of community leaders to oversee Young Life in the community.
References available on request.